Gallerie d’Italia, Piazza Scala | The Plan
  1. Home
  2. Magazine 2013
  3. The Plan 064 [03-2013]
  4. Gallerie d’Italia, Piazza Scala

Gallerie d’Italia, Piazza Scala

Michele De Lucchi

Built in the late 18th century and altered over the years until the early 20th century, the four historic Milanese palazzi between via Manzoni and Piazza della Scala were once patrician residences and the former headquarters of the Banca Commerciale Italiana, founded in 1894 to sustain Italy’s industrial development. Today they have been renovated and turned into an art museum open to the public. The collections of the Cariplo Foundation and the Intesa San Paolo bank contain all the works of art belonging to the banks now part of the group. Today they form the backbone of a permanent exhibition of 19th century art that stretches from Antonio Canova, to Romanticism and the naturalist Lombardy movement through to Futurism. The breadth of the current collection will also allow in-depth temporary exhibitions on specific aspects of the Italian...

Print
15.00 €
Digital
4.49 €

© Maggioli SpA • THE PLAN • Via del Pratello 8 • 40122 Bologna, Italy • T +39 051 227634 • P. IVA 02066400405 • ISSN 2499-6602 • E-ISSN 2385-2054