Aurelio Galfetti (1936, Lugano) is regarded as one of the main exponents of Ticino architecture of the 20th century. From 1954 to 1960 he studied architecture at the ETH Zürich and in 1960 he opened his own architect’s office in Lugano. From 1962 to 1970 he worked in a joint office with Flora Ruchat and Ivo Trümpy, and from 1970 to 1978 on various projects together with Livio Vacchini, Luigi Snozzi, Rino Tami and Mario Botta. In 1984 he was visiting professor at the EPF Lausanne and in 1987 at the UP8 in Paris. In 1996, together with Mario Botta, Galfetti founded the Accademia di Architettura in Mendrisio that he managed as director. His major works include the single family dwelling Rotalinti (Bellinzona, 1960-61), the open-air swimming pool in Bellinzona (1967-70), the restoration of Castelgrande Castle (Bellinzona, 1981-91),the office and commercial building Ulysses (Lausanne, 1991-94); School and civic center in Gorduno (1995); USI main conference hall in Lugano (1998) and Net Center (Padova 2009). Since 2006 he opened a new practice in Italy with his currently partner Luciano Schiavon. Recently he won 3 competitions: a lake shore facilities development in Ascona, a residential complex in Agno and the international contest for the new laboratories building for IRB in Bellinzona.