The project is based on 7 actions that allowed the implementation of a strategy aimed at enhancing the development of the maximum eligible area of the property on via Caradosso and, at the same time, and a careful requalification of the (internal and external) spaces aimed to develop both functional and flexibility required needs and the aesthetic and functional improvement of important areas of the property.
1. The main objective of the project concerns the enhancement of all the existing rooms of the building thanks to a careful distribution and organization of the functional program. Each choice was taken thanks to an accurate analysis of the spaces: from the historical rooms, to the typical floor plan, from the basement, to the attic. Particular attention was paid to the relationship and independence between multi-tenant spaces and Ersel spaces, clearly dividing their spaces, and the management of the entrances and internal flows, while also coming up with a possible future extension (of the Ersel spaces) within the current offices.
2. In addition to the facade on Via Caradosso, which will be completely cleaned and restored, one of the main features of the project is its central garden. The courtyard, currently not in good conditions, appears to be a second important opening for all offices. The presence of a dedicated green area will in fact be exploited by the project as a qualitative space for offices and, thanks to a simple modeling of the ground, it will grant the opportunity to bring light to the entire basement floor, making it completely usable. New trees and new shrubs will allow this space to become a pleasant break area.
3. One of the most important points developed by the project is the new hall, not only for the flow control and management but most importantly for reasons related to the representation of the new Ersel headquarters.
4. A careful study of all the documents and surveys has allowed, also thanks to the support of a lawyers office, to clarify the situation of the administrative documents in possession. It was therefore possible to define the consistency of the current GFA. In addition to this, thanks to the use of energy bonuses, the project is able to optimize the use of the GFA and recover existing surfaces (for example the thickness of the external walls) which have been relocated to new spaces destined to offices, as in the basement and in the attic.
5. The redevelopment project of the entire building corresponds with an energy redevelopment. This strategy has allowed, on the one hand, the recovery of surfaces to be dedicated to the new GFA, on the other to optimize the internal comfort and consumption of the building. Passive and active strategies will be used, with a complete replacement of all systems (mechanical, electrical, data) managed by automated systems.
6. It is planned to use an administrative procedure that allows to have security regarding the management of the environments that will probably have to go to the amnesty (basement), while still allowing the parallel development of the final and executive project. This will allow the optimization of all the design times and costs.
7. The presence of an integrated project team, in which engineering, architecture and interior design dialogue and confront each other, allows to obtain a project with a definitely higher quality and, above all, it allows to define an optimized working methodology.