The site is situated in Shenzhen's Yantian District with unique mountain and sea resources. The scenery on one side of the sea and the other of the mountain reflects the distinctive natural features of Shenzhen as a coastal city. The project, which serves as a crucial observation platform, is situated at the peak of Maluan Mountain, at a height of 378 metres, in the centre of Sanzhoutian Forest Park. It intends to be a fantastic viewing location for Maluan Mountain with a 360-degree view of Dapeng Bay and Sanzhoutang Reservoir. The intricate interactions between the site, structure, and surrounding environment may be taken into account while creating the design. The original structure has a land area of approximately 335 square metres. The land area of the design scope will be increased to 1025 square metres when the decrepit home is demolished, representing just 10% of the land space. The building volume is first made to float in order to coordinate with the remaining 90% of the site area around the structure and accommodate a 360° perspective. Visitors can access the building from the forest since the structure's outside circulation are incorporated into the site's nature. Secondly, it relates to the building functions and shape design. The building's appearance was influenced by Shenzhen's maritime culture; up close, it has a highly contemporary, streamlined form, but from a distance, it may resemble a cruise ship that also doubles as an urban symbol. Visitors are invited to explore within the unique and translucent form. There are three floors and 300 square metres available for reading, 100 square metres for a cafe, 200 square metres for viewing, and 200 square metres for other support uses. The interior circulation takes tourists up and up to investigate, and the trail's is spacious to accommodate group travel, short stays, and observation. Another critical factor to take into account is the construction procedure. Because of its remote location, the construction conditions should be as simple as possible. The building's top surface is made of 304 stainless steel, which has strong corrosion resistance, low temperature strength and mechanical qualities, and good hot workability, such as stamping and bending, which may help its unusual shape constructed perfectly. The structure's frame is made of steel with a fluorocarbon paint finish. Industrial prefabrication enables the flawless realisation of the construction of uniquely shaped buildings. The building's walls and ceiling are built of gypsum board, aluminum-plastic board, and latex paint.
Founded by Meng Fanhao and Zhu Peidong, line+ is a diversified emerging design firm with international reputation. Currently, it has offices in Hangzhou and Shanghai. "line" is the boundary, based on architectural design, and "+" aims to break through the clear boundaries of traditional industries, take "space empowerment" as the core strategy of research and creation, and respond to the existing problems of urban and rural areas in the current era, so as to realize the value iteration and release of architecture in social, economic, cultural and other fields.
Cast your vote
The voting session is closed