Office blocks, complexes, conference centres and other such venues
Main Design Elements:
Istanbul Tower, inspired by the traditional layers found in Seljuk architecture is the most prestigious and iconic office building of Istanbul. The project stands out with its environment friendly structure, green spaces as well as its high-tech features.
Thanks to its impressive pattern of three-dimensional fins, which are designed to protect the office spaces from direct sunlight and heat making the most of natural sunlight, the building ensures energy savings and help to protect the environment. It also offers a large panoramic view with its unique and balanced architectural composition.
The façade offers a dynamic perception of building further emphasizing identity and timeless quality.
Ultra Clear Glass & Triple Silver Coating:
As ultra clear glass structure enables maximum light, the building provides maximum conservation of energy.
• Ultra clear glass and triple silver coating maximize day light usage and provides energy saving
• It enables min. 60% light and max. 30% energy transmittance
• Ultra clear glass has low iron content to have natural silver tone
Automated Façade Natural Ventilation System:
Intelligent naturally ventilated façade which is first in Turkey used in a high-rise building; it creates natural air circulation and isolates the external noise. The first automated natural ventilation and “Trickle Vent” façade system enables for 100% fresh air quality as well as highly productive business environment.
• Automated façade natural ventilation system
• User control feature and automation system
• Indoor air quality
• Prevent sick building syndrome
• Private aerodynamic & acoustic design
• Energy efficency with lower ventilation costs
Istanbul Tower 205 provides flexible and spacious working environment by making human health and comfort highest priority for all levels of the Tower and Podium.
• 1835 sqm gross floor area
• 4 meters ceiling height
• Column-free and large spacious areas
• Flexible office spaces
• The largest recreational area in Levent with 11.000 sqm outdoor space
• Variable ceiling heights on the podium - 5.0m / 5.5m / 8.5m/ 4m
The museum, which is located just in front of the tower, welcomes its visitors with its pyramid-shaped transparent façade. The museum will host cultural activites and has direct connection to the café and conference center.
The tower features a fitness center of 1.300 sqm designed for the needs of tower and podium users.
Conference and Meeting Areas:
The conference and meeting rooms of various sizes meet all the needs with 500 person capacity including the 300 person capacity auditorium.
The tower allows constant access to VIP heliport via an elevator. The VIP elevator and business lounge area offer great privileges for business executives.
LEED , the most widely used green building rating system in the world that provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings will award Istanbul Tower 205 with the LEED Gold Certificate when the project is completed. The project is its eco-friendly and focused on energy efficiency what makes the building one of the landmark office projects of Turkey.
• Environmentally friendly
• Energy efficiency
• Construction waste management
• Bicycle parking
• Electric vehicle charging stations
• Water recycling (rain water and landscape)
• Light pollution prevention
• Use of recycled and certified materials
• Maximum use of daylight
• Office waste collection
• Renewable energy
• Minimum energy use
• Energy system is 100% redundant and never be affected by power outage
• Electric vehicle charging stations which is one of the LEED Gold certification required are available
• All LED lighting products designed with low operating costs
• Min. 30% energy savings thanks to regenerative elevator technology
• Top-level automation systems with security systems integration, fire detection and energy monitoring implementations
• Iris reader turnstiles providing high security in parking lot
• Car bomb threat preventive mechanical bollards
• Snow and ice prevention underfloor heating systems implemented in landscape circulation area
• Fastest communication network with its fiber infrastructure
Double Deck Elevators:
The world's most advanced elevator technology, double deck elevators save time for business life with minimum waiting time.
• Turkey's fastest elevators, 8m/s (BurjKhalifa10 m/s)
• Max. 25 sec. waiting time
• Time efficient “Destination Control System”
• Direct access from each floor that decreases traffic volume in the lobbies
• Heating and cooling system which provides 100% fresh air
• Gray water system enabling the storage of sink water in reservoirs to reuse after filtration
• In case of water shortage, 5 days water storage back-up structure
Gross Floor Area (mq)1835
ArchitectsSkidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
Design teamSkidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM)
Main ContractorIstanbul Tower 2015 was constructed by Zincir Yapı, which was established under the leadership of Metal Yapi Konut together with the partnership of Yesil GYO
ConsultantsStatic Consultants: Prof. Dr. Erkan Özer (İTÜ), Prof. Dr. Haluk Sucuoğlu (ODTÜ), Prof. Dr. Sinan Akar (BOÜN) Acoustic Consultant: Mezzo Studyo Helipad Consultant: CNC (Can Kadir Kuş) Façade Consultant: Werner Sobek Stuttgart and TOSCA Façade MEP Peer-review: Werner Sobek IST Structural Peer-review: Werner Sobek IST Fire Consultant: Etik (Prof. Dr. Abdurrahman Kılıç) Infrastructure Consultant: IO Çevre Landscape Consultant: D/S Mimarlık (Peyzaj) LEED Consultant: Altensis Lighting Consultant: ZKLD Museum Consultant: Boris Micka Security Consultant: ICTS Global Traffic Consultant: Hartek Automation Consultant: Honeywell Wind Consultant: Wacker Ingenieure
SuppliersProject Management: PY Internationa,Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Static / Mechanical / Electrical Project:Design Group, Statics: Prof. Dr. Erkan Özer (İTÜ), Prof. Dr. Haluk Sucuoğlu (ODTÜ), Prof. Dr. Sinan Akar (BOÜN), Acoustics: Mezzo Stüdyo, Heliport: CNC (Can Kadir Kuş), Facade :Werner Sobek Stuttgart, Fire: Etik (Prof. Dr. Abdurrahman Kılıç), Infrastructure: IO Çevre, Landscape: D/S Architecture (Landscape), LEED: Altensis, Lighting: ZKLD, Museum: Boris Micka, Security: ICTS, Traffic: Hartek, Automation: Honeywell, Wind: Wacker Ingenieure
Photo CreditsMetal Yapi Konut
Metal Yapı Konut was established in 1980 as a real estate developer in Istanbul, Turkey. Over time, the company has grown to become one of the country’s leading developers, with successful projects spanning both local and abroad. MYK continues to enhance a portfolio of environment-friendly residential projects, office spaces and shopping malls equipped with high-tech features. Istanbul Tower 205, a landmark project of the company is built in Levent, one of Istanbul’s main business centers. The tower is designed by SOM, the architect of the iconic Burj Khalifa. The project is the highest office building in Turkey with its height of 220 meters; moreover, it leaves its mark in the horizon of Istanbul with its unique design inspired by the Seljuq Period. Istanbul Tower 205 offers all the needs for a flawless business life featuring VIP and business lounge facilities, ergonomic meeting rooms and office areas with its unique and high-tech features.